Quick Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
Just like any other building, commercial buildings are subject to the costly damages of Mother Nature’s wrath. Depending on your location and the season, losses can be caused by blizzards, hurricanes, earthquakes, and tornadoes. But one of the most common weather disasters is storms.
You can predict the storm, but cannot predict the extent of damage it will have on your commercial building. Flooding is often the biggest concern in this regard.
According to National Geographic, flooding accounts for more than $6 billion in damages every year. While typical floods may happen over days, flash floods can destroy properties in minutes.
The serious structural and cosmetic damage of your commercial building is more than just a headache to business owners – it’s a source of huge financial loss and an interruption to the normal operations of your business.
After a storm, you may want to replace everything and start from scratch. But this is not the best option as it is way too expensive, especially at such a time. Instead, you can try restoration.
Get the Right Commercial Storm Cleanup Services
A professional restoration company is able to handle all of your commercial damage cleanup and repairs. And since there is never a convenient time for flooding and storm damage, get a company that is available 24/7. Keep in mind that every hour wasted is an hour of lost productivity and revenue.
SERVPRO has the experience, training, and equipment to handle small and large commercial storm damage emergencies. Our technicians respond quickly to clean the mess and manage the restoration project from start to finish.
6 Main Stages of Our Commercial Storm Cleanup Services
This brief overview explains how SERVPRO experts may approach to resolve the storm damage at your commercial building:
- Examine the Damage: The restoration specialists will assess the extent of the damage and discuss the results with you and your insurer.
- Prevent Secondary Damage: This step involves boarding and tarp up services which prevent secondary water damages.
- Remove the Standing Water: With industry-leading vacuums and pumps, our restorers will be able to completely remove the water from the affected areas.
- Remove Damaged Building Materials: Damaged materials should be carefully removed and properly disposed of prior to the cleaning process.
- Clean and Disinfect the Surfaces: Our technicians will use customized cleaners to disinfect the affected surfaces as well as restore salvageable items.
- Dry the Building: Commercial air movers and dehumidifiers will facilitate the drying process and prevent the growth of mold and mildew on surfaces. Building materials are replaced after the affected areas are completely dry.
- Repaint and Add Final Touches: When walls are exposed to excess moisture for a few hours, they absorb water, and this may cause the paint to flake. When the walls are completely dry, our experts will repaint them for a dazzling finish.
What Next After the Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup?
As a property manager, a disaster preparedness plan will go a long way toward addressing your flooding concerns. You cannot stop the storm, but you can take the necessary actions to keep your building from another water-related disaster.
After the cleanup, consider the following preventive measures:
Flood-Proof Your Building
If flooding has been a problem in the past, consider flood-proofing your commercial building. This will prevent water-related damages in the future. One of the best practices is covering your building with a waterproof coating to keep water from seeping in.
Improve Your Landscaping
If possible, try to elevate the area around your commercial building before the rains begin. You can also build a system that will allow water to flow away from the building. Don’t forget to install downspouts to direct water away from the foundation.
The cost of this project will depend on the size of your building. Nonetheless, this cost will be far less expensive than the cost of repairing the damage.
Pay Special Attention to Basements
After a storm, the basement and foundation of your building may face serious damage.
It’s recommended to contact a specialist who will patch the foundation walls and caulk huge cracks. Moreover, you should consider installing a sump pump and dehumidifiers to keep the building dry always.
SERVPRO Will Be With You All Through the Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
In the unfortunate event your commercial building is damaged by a storm, then do not hesitate to call SERVPRO in Smyrna, Rutherford County, for help. We will not only restore your property, but we will also help you review and make recommendations to safeguard your building from future storm damage.