How to Prevent Fires in LaVergne: Tips from Fire Restoration Experts
What type of business do you have?
Is it in any way susceptible to the risk of fire?
If yes, then you definitely need to have a fire precautionary plan for your business premise.
Statistics from the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) indicate a rise in the number of non-residential fires over the years. Some of the most common commercial buildings where fires occur include small offices, small buildings, and restaurants.
So how do you prevent these fires?
Fire Prevention: Tips from SERVPRO in LaVergne
Don’t wait until your building catches fire, here are insightful fire prevention tips from experts.
1. Electrical Appliances
Ensure you take the following precautions when it comes to your electrical appliances:
- Most electrical appliances come with recommendations from the manufacturer. You need to follow these instructions to prevent a voltage overload that may result in a fire outbreak.
- Replace frayed power cords. Also, instead of running your power cords under carpets or rags, it’s recommended to use cord protectors.
- To prevent late-night and weekend fires, ensure you unplug appliances such as coffee makers and microwaves at the end of the day or when they are not using the office.
- Appliances that feel exceedingly hot may be faulty and may be a fire hazard. Have them checked or just replace them.
2. Regular Inspections
You may have to call in a fire marshal to inspect areas where chemicals and equipment are stored. The aim for this is to ensure there is enough ventilation in these rooms.
3. Storage of Hazardous Materials
Most of these materials come with the manufacturer’s instructions on how to properly store them. You will also have to conform to the OSHA regulations and ensure you’ve properly marked them.
Efficient Commercial Fire Restoration in LaVergne
It must have been devastating seeing your building burn.
If the disaster has occurred and you don’t what to do next, seek the services of a professional fire restoration company in LaVergne.
At SERVPRO, our main goal is to have your business up and running as soon as possible. It’s time you talked to SERVPRO professionals for your commercial fire restoration needs in LaVergne.