How Long Does Fire Restoration Take?
Enduring a disaster like a fire damage in your home can be traumatizing and devastating.
While you may feel inclined to go back into the house once the firefighters have put off the fire, it is always safe to never enter your house before restoration experts have assessed it.
Professional restoration companies like SERVPRO are properly trained and equipped to examine the damage after a fire, clean, and restore your beloved home.
But how long does this entire fire restoration process take?
There isn’t an exact timeframe for this but it’ll depend on the severity of the fire damage.
Fire Restoration Depends on the Size of the Fire
If your home suffered a small fire and it was successfully extinguished, it may seem like there’s little damage done. This may be true, but the smoke or soot that is left behind can leave acidic elements that may damage your furniture and other delicate items in your home. You also run the risk of inhaling hazardous fumes.
On the other hand, if your house has suffered a major fire, you should not only be concerned about the damage caused by the fire, soot, and smoke, but also the water damage caused when putting off the fire.
You’ll need specialized equipment to remove the water before you continue with the restoration process.
A small house fire will take less time to clean and restore than a big fire. Regardless of the size, it is recommended to seek the professional services of SERVPRO in Rutherford Country.
SERVPRO’s Fire Restoration Process
Every fire damage is unique and, therefore, will require a unique restoration process. However, here are steps to our typical fire restoration services:
- Fire damage assessment: Our trained technicians will thoroughly examine the house to determine the extent of the fire, soot, and smoke damage.
- Board-upping and Roof-tarping: If a fire damages the roof, walls, and windows, our professionals will place tarps on the damaged roofs and board-up missing walls and windows.
- Water Removal: If there is water damage, we’ll use state-of-the-art air movers to remove the standing water and dry soaked items.
- Smoke and soot repair: We have the right products and techniques to remove soot from walls and other surfaces.
- Cleaning: Our skilled professionals will clean and sanitize all the restorable items damaged by the fire. We’ll also ensure that your home is free from the acidic fumes and odor of the fire.
- Restoration: Before leaving, we will ensure your home is back to its initial condition (if not better). Our restoration services will involve installing a new carpet, painting, replacing the dry walls, and many other minor repairs in your home.
If you ever need quick and professional fire restoration services in Rutherford County, do not hesitate to check out SERVPRO. Whether day or night, we are always available to help you.