Commercial Water Damage Restoration: Is it Necessary?
Most commercial property owners assume that water damage mostly occurs during heavy rainstorms and flooding, which is true, but a significant amount of damage can also happen at any other time of the year.
Your business property should be properly functional to ensure a steady flow of revenue and customers. Water damage can ultimately affect the operations of your business. So it needs to be taken care of immediately.
Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage
1. Malfunctioning Appliances and Equipment
If your business has equipment or appliances that use water such as water heaters and boilers, then it runs the risk of water damage.
If they malfunction, you may wake up to find your premises flooded and items damaged. Ensure all your water appliances and equipment are properly operated and maintained to minimize the risks of water damage.
2. Broken Sprinkler Systems
Sprinklers are used for fire emergencies, but they can also cause water damage when they become faulty. To avoid such a nasty experience, make sure that your sprinkler system is checked and maintained regularly.
3. Broken Pipes and Plumbing
When your workplace plumbing or drainage system fails, you are likely to experience some water damage. In such an unfortunate event, make sure you get a professional plumber to take care of the drainage issue and a restoration company to take care of the cleanup.
Always ensure your plumbing and drainage systems are properly maintained to avoid commercial water disasters.
4. Heavy Downpours and Flooding
Heavy rainstorms and flooding can cause massive water damage to your commercial building. If your building is located in a flood zone area, go to the local natural disaster agency and find out the different ways you prevent flooding in your specific area.
5. Leaking Roofs
This is one of the most obvious signs that show your building has water damage. If your roof is leaking, it may not be draining properly or it simply needs resealing.
If you notice even a small leak, ensure it is fixed as soon as possible. These small leaks tend to get bigger with time and cause tremendous havoc.
Commercial Restoration After Water Damage
Sometimes, the damage and loss can be so severe that you may consider rebuilding. Even though it may seem like a viable idea, it will cost you a lot of time and money.
Instead, you should go for restoration. It’s safe, quicker, and very affordable. However, restoration can still be time consuming and tiresome if you decide to do it with your employees. You likely don’t have the technical knowhow or equipment to do a good job. Moreover, you may not know the extent of the damage and this can significantly cost you in the future.
Seek the services of commercial restoration experts for quick and top-quality restoration.
What to Do After a Commercial Water Damage
- Switch off the main power supply.
- Contact commercial restoration experts immediately.
- Document the damage for insurance purposes.
- Contact your insurer.
- Salvage any important materials such as files, business documents and other essentials that may get damaged when left in water. Work with most portable items first.
- Place office appliances and equipment on elevated surfaces like counters and office desks.
- If the building seems unstable do not enter it, especially if the ceiling is wet and soggy.
Why Choose SERVPRO for Your Commercial Restoration Services in Murfreesboro
SERVPRO is your one-stop shop for all your commercial restoration needs. But why should you choose SERVPRO?
- Fast: Quick response is important when dealing with water damage. We are strategically stationed to respond faster to any size of water disaster emergency in Rutherford County. We want you to get your business back to normal in the shortest time possible.
- Professionally trained water damage specialists: SERVPRO’s technicians are highly trained and have extensive experience in water damage restoration. With a properly established procedure, the experts are able to do restoration quicker and more effectively.
- Advanced drying equipment and techniques: SERVPRO has specialized restoration equipment and products like dehumidifiers to help remove water and dry the building appropriately.
Contact SERVPRO today for faster, better and most efficient commercial restoration.