What to Do After a Commercial Fire Disaster
A sudden fire in your business or commercial premises can be shattering and overwhelming. It may set you back in terms of infrastructure and revenues.
However, even in the face of such disaster, all is not lost. It is possible to restore your business premises back to its original state through commercial restoration services.
Commercial restoration is preferred to rebuilding as it saves you time and resources. You won’t have to buy most of your furniture and equipment again. Instead, a simple cleaning and a little restorative work should have them looking new and fresh.
Even when the fire damage is extensive, your property can still be salvaged through commercial restoration.
5 Things to Do After Commercial Fire Damage
What do you do after the fire trucks have left and you’ve ensured the safety of all your employees? What is the roadmap to normalcy?
1. Protect Yourself Before Entering the Building
If the fire department has allowed you to re-enter the building, make sure that you wear a mask to prevent smoke and other hazardous gases from entering your lungs.
It is also recommended to wear gloves to protect your hands from injuries and other dangerous materials.
2. Prevent Further Damage
Even after the fire is put out, damage can still continue. The water left behind by the firefighters can still destroy your furniture and other commercial items as well as promote mold growth.
If possible, remove all undamaged items such as documents, computers, and equipment from the building to a secure place to prevent them from further damage or possible looting.
3. Collect the Damage Information for Your Insurance
Your insurer will ask for a detailed list of inventory for all the damaged commercial items. You should, therefore, take clear photos and videos of the damage and make a list of all the destroyed items and structures. This will help you to get the most out of your insurance coverage while providing proof.
4. Call a Professional Commercial Restoration Expert in Murfreesboro
After a fire disaster, the fastest way to get your business up and running again is hiring a professional restoration company to clean and restore your building. Here are the steps taken to restore your business premises:
- Damage assessment: This involves examining the extent of the damage. You will receive a comprehensive report and plan on commercial restoration after the assessment.
- Elimination of smoke odor: After a fire disaster, your commercial premises will need a breath of fresh air. With the use of top-of-the-line industrial dehumidifiers and the best air movers, restoration experts will completely eliminate the smoke odor.
- Soot removal: After a fire, the walls and ceilings of your building are likely to be covered in soot. Removing soot from surfaces on your own can be daunting. Restoration experts have the right products and tools for the job. Not a single stain will remain. When soot is properly removed, it will help prevent the growth of mold after the restoration process.
- Repaint, Repair, and Restore: Finally, the restoration company will repaint the walls and make quick fixes to get your commercial building operational again.
5. Initiate an Arson Investigation
If you don’t know the cause of the fire, it is always recommended to conduct an arson investigation to determine what or who started it. This information can be vital during the insurance claims process.
And if the fire was started by a particular person intentionally or due to negligence, you can press charges and get help in property repair and restoration costs.
Talk to SERVPRO for Quick and Top-Notch Commercial Restoration in Rutherford County
After a fire disaster, there are so many things that need to be done to get your business up and running again. You need to make new purchases, coordinate claims, prepare to move back in, contact your vendors and customers, and so many other things.
SERVPRO understands the stressful and traumatic process you are going through. That’s why we are dedicated to restoring your commercial property in the shortest time possible. We have highly skilled technicians and state-of-the-art equipment to restore your building to its pre-fire conditions.
Our major aim is to always meet and even surpass our clients’ expectations. In case of a fire disaster, do not hesitate to call us right away.