Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Molds are very common in buildings and homes. In as little as 48 hours, mold can begin to grow. Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding. Mold grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Rutherford County has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your Murfreesboro mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (615) 849-9794
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Rutherford County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Rutherford County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- La Verge
- Big Springs